Powered By Blogger

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Today was another really nice day at the Houston show.  I did a bit of shopping.  Suncatchers had some of my favorite Laurel Burch brand socks.  I'm so sad that there won't ever be more of her wonderful designs, but grateful she was with us as long as she was.

Then I stopped by another booth to get another one of the quilting halos designed by Sharon Schamber.  On my more arthritic days, I can put the two halos I have now one on top of the other, for more control when doing free motion quilting.  I might even try some free motion embroidery one of these days.  I also got the Supreme Slider to use on the sewing machine to make the quilt move around more freely.  Since I bought both, I got 10% off.  I love discounts.  :)  This woman is a genius, and a great teacher.  I joined her web site a while back, and have learned so much from her.  You can get a taste of her teaching for free by going to YouTube and searching her name.

I'm also taking home some very strong little magnets that attach to the wall with sticky pads, and some of the tape that only sticks to itself, like the stuff people use on their bobbins to keep the thread on when they're not in the machine, only wider.  When I get home, I'll go to Lowe's or Home Depot and get some 1" strips of galvanized steel, tape them together with that special tape, install the magnets, and hang some quilts to see if I like it.  Don't you just love having new toys to play with?

After getting my shopping done, I went to see some of the special exhibits of quilts.  I'm including this link so that you can click on it, then look down on the left side of the screen and click on Special Exhibits to have a look at them.  If you click on the pics, you'll get a closer look.  Are you ever amazed to see all the different ideas quilters come up with?  I'm always blown away by what I see at these shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment