Powered By Blogger

Sunday, December 11, 2011

A little quilt with a big surprise


Actually, it's still a top in my UFO cupboard, but one of these days, it will get quilted.  Many years ago, when it was my turn in the Friendship quilt go-around, I requested blocks made of four inch spool blocks.  I supplied fabric that looked like wood grain for the spools, and asked my friends to use fabrics for the thread that they thought looked like thread.  I also asked that they not sew the spools together, but just give them to me in a baggie, so I could arrange them on the design wall for color placement.  Well, this group always did things in an interesting way.  Above, you can see some of the blocks the ladies made for me, all spread out on the carpet.  You see the huge spool with no thread on it?  Well, AnnaMae had been to Paris recently, and while there she found an interesting fabric with cancan dancers on it, and used it with great effect, LOL.  When you lift the flap on that spool, you see this:


You can't really see it in the pic, but the ladies are topless, so this is my one and only R-rated quilt.

In addition, one of the ladies made some two inch blocks just for fun.  This quilt always makes me smile when I see it.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment