Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 22, 2012

So here's why I've not been active here for a while....


This is my Mom, a few years ago when I had just finished this quilt for her bed.  Now, she's 91, has dementia, and is in the nursing home she picked out last April before the dementia had progressed much.  Mom falls every few days, and we're praying she doesn't break a hip. The law forbids using a Posey restraint now, since elderly confused people who don't remember to call for help before getting up have a right to not be restrained, and to break their hips/arms without hindrance. Makes me furious.

I've just not had the heart to visit the blog for a while.

Still waiting to find out whether Bill's chemo was effective--he has an appointment for outpatient surgery on Feb. 17th for biopsies. We're on pins and needles waiting to find out. .

Will be starting PT for my knee tomorrow afternoon, and still dealing with learning that I'm probably never going to be able to carry more than 10 or 15 pounds safely--there goes my hobby of collecting and repairing old sewing machines. Heavy sigh.  The old machines weigh 2 or 3 times that much.

Prayers and positive thoughts for the three of us would be greatly appreciated.

4 comments:

  1. My father and both his parents had Alzheimers. My grandfather broke his hip, and we refused therapy for it. That way he was stuck in a wheel chair, and couldn't escape the nursing home any more. He wouldn't have been able to do the therapy any way.
    Sorry about the vintage machines. I also collect them, so, I know this will be tough. How about a rolling cart to move them around, or, can you not even lift them up and down, either? I was sewing on my hand crank this evening. They really are very heavy. I use a rolling cart when I take them to sew-ins. I have a great one that has a flat bottom and folds up small, but holds up to 150 lbs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat I'm so glad to see a post from you! You've been missed!!

    I'm sorry for the bumps in the road and will definitely keep praying for all three of you! You have a beautiful mom by the way.


    I think that's one of my favorite quilts so far! The colors are me and the pattern reminds me of my ADD life - crazy but somehow falling into line! (Sorry I didn't mean to make this about me - your art really speaks to me and I can't help it!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Pat, I already wrote privately that I have missed your postings, and you know what is happening here in my world so as Mary says above I don't want to hi-jack your blog with my stuff.

    But don't get rid of those machines too quickly as you may regain more strength in your leg than "they" are telling you, and knowing you, you'll figure out a way to get around the lifting issue.

    Hugs, my friend... hope to make it to Greenville in April, also and have a chance to visit.

    PS: I still regret not buying your 222K at Roundup a few years ago!

    BJ

    ReplyDelete