Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Madeline's quilt

Madeline is my niece Wendy's middle child, and is now going to a college in Memphis, TN.  A few years ago, I made a quilt for each of Wendy's kids.  Maddie likes darker colors, and chose this pattern.  It looks a bit complex, but it's really not.  I made 9 patches, sewed them together with alternating plain blocks into large 9 patches, set them on point, and put them together with alternating plain blocks again.  I like the almost wrought-iron look of the overall lattice.  The green fabric is really darker than it appears in this photo, which was taken in full sunlight.  I had it longarm-quilted, and like the way the design compliments the quilt.


On another note, I'm very pleased to be able to say that my knee is improving.  I will be seeing the ortho doc again on the 16th.  I'm hoping it will heal well without having to have surgery.  I almost think I could do without the walker now, but I don't entirely trust this knee to not crumble under me.

No comments:

Post a Comment